October Conferences -- Early Dismissal
School will be dismissed at 11:35 AM on Tuesday, October 25 - Friday, October 28 for school conferences.
Visit the Pioneer Book Fair in the Pioneer library during Conference Week!
October 25-28, 2016 from 11:35 AM - 4:00 PM.
The office is receiving many requests during the last hour of the day to deliver messages to students about after-school plans. Please make sure that your student is aware of after-school plans before they come to school. It is disruptive to classrooms to deliver messages to individual students during class time. Thank you!
Tardies and Early Dismissal Guidelines
New guidelines have been implemented for elementary Schools in the Olympia School District regarding tardies and early release of students at the end of the day.
- Arrivals are tardy between 8:30-9:00 AM (30 minute window).
- After 9:00 AM (9:01 on) the student is considered a Half Day Absent (AM).
- If a family takes a student out early from school (before 2:22 PM) it is a Half Day Absent (PM).
- If the student leaves within the last 1⁄2 hour of the school day (2:22 to 2:52 PM) it is recorded as an Early Departure.
**Unless it is medically urgent, we ask that parents not check out their students after 2:30 PM. At this point, please wait until the end of the day at 2:52 PM for the student to be released.**
Una celebración de familias set on November 3
Una celebración de familias will be held from 6:30-8 p.m. on Thursday, November 3 in the Knox Administrative Center Boardroom.
The event is geared toward Spanish-speaking families to learn about Skyward Family Access and other local services and resources available in the Olympia community. Pizza and refreshments will be available to all attendees.
Community organizations attending include:
- South Sound Reading Foundation, donating books in Spanish and English to families.
- Centro Integral Educativo de Olympia (CIELO), providing education, social services and cultural activities for Spanish-speaking and underserved communities of South Puget Sound.
- Thurston County Public Health, offering no-cost flu immunizations (ages 3-18 years).
- Choice Network, providing information about affordable health care.
- Hands on Children’s Museum, giving away free passes to the museum.
- YMCA of Olympia, giving away free passes to the local YMCAs.
Oct. 31 is last day to register in person to vote in Nov. 8 election
Thurston County residents not yet registered to vote in Washington state can register in person through Monday, October 31 to participate in the November 8, 2016 General Election.